Many thanks to Jackson’s Art (www.jacksonsart.com) for their lovely post about our online courses… https://www.jacksonsart.com/blog/2020/11/03/online-art-classes-for-adults/
London Fine Art Studios was founded by Ann Witheridge with the aim of teaching the craft of drawing and painting to a community of dedicated artists. The Studios are based in Battersea and welcome students of all levels, providing a supportive learning environment in which to acquire new skills and a deeper understanding of the figurative tradition.
Courses: A 3-part series of representational art courses, comprising Drawing for Beginners (1), Transitioning to Oils (2) and Advanced Cast Drawing and Painting (3)
Format: Each course consists of 10 units guiding you through 1-3 hours of drawing/painting time, as well as 1-3 individual sessions per week, and interaction with other course participants and individual feedback from your mentor.
Description: Art is a wonderful pursuit, helping people find internal rewards such as happiness and a sense of peace, and external rewards such as artistic recognition and an income.
Whether you are a complete beginner or a seasoned artist, this course will teach you the foundations of representational art.
With a step by step process, London Fine Art Studios will help develop your artistic skills and teach you the essential techniques of drawing and painting, re-instating the importance of tradition within contemporary art education.
This series of three 10-week courses will guide you through the fundamentals of drawing, oil painting and cast drawing.
Each week, you will unlock a new batch of video and practice-based sessions that take you step-by-step through the process of drawing and painting. With Workshop’s unique hands-on method of learning, you’ll be putting pencil to paper from day one with no need to read pages of theory in advance.
For each of the three courses, you will have access to the following through the Workshop app:
- 10 units, unlocked weekly, guiding you through 1-3 hours of drawing/painting time each week
- 1-3 individual sessions per week, totalling a suggested minimum of 3 hours practice
- Expert guidance and one-to-one support from your class mentor
- Collaborative group chat with your own private class and mentor
- Feedback on your artwork from your class and mentor via a private in-app feed of photo uploads
- An assessment to earn your course Certificate of Completion
In addition to the core aspects of the course, you will also get:
- Downloadable theory notes for you to keep
- Access to all video sessions for an additional 6 months after the end of each course
Cost: £350 per course, of £840 for all 3.